How to declutter your email box?
I caught up with all my emails!!!! All organized and cleaned up!! 🙆♀️ YAY!!
Is your email box overflowing that you cannot even find the important emails in there?
Are you less productive because of the mess in there?
Were you ever late to reply to a super important email or you even missed the deadline? (I have)
Here is what I did and you can easily do it too.
My emails were just out of control. Honestly, I did not even want to open my email box because I knew there was a big mess in here. I also ended up spending half an hour finding an important email... .well... I got distracted by all the others in there... you know what I am talking about right?
I decided I will tackle my email box in one week. I scheduled one hour every day to clean up the mess.
Here are the STEPS TO DE-CLUTTER YOUR EMAIL BOX:
1. Schedule time each day when your focus is only to clean up your email box.
2. Create folders where you can store the "I will look at it later" emails. Your categories can vary: school, sports, camps, bills, receipts, promotions, recipes, keep, ... etc. Create your own.
3. As you go through the emails one by one, delete them or quickly move them into folders. I love this technique because there are a lot of emails I want to keep to read them later. (Truth: I never go back to read them later, but I know it's there, so I feel good about “saving” them.)
5. Keep the important and actionable emails in your Inbox and Flag them. Don’t forget to act on them.
6. Unsubscribe from the unwanted ones. You know, the promotional ones that you get from the same company daily.
7. BE CONSISTENT. Now that your email box is clean, you need to be doing this consistently every day. All you need is a couple of minutes daily to keep it de-cluttered.
Enjoy all the extra time now you have to become PRODUCTIVE.
PS: I have four email boxes. Two done, two more to go. I am totally inspired by the results to keep going.
What cool tricks do you have to keep up with your email box?